The Power Service Xtreme Diesel program consists of an elite group of fuel marketers that have been through a rigorous certification process, enabling them to sell Power Service Xtreme Diesel fuel. These distributors are Power Service Certified Xtreme Diesel distributors.
Xtreme Diesel fuel is treated with additives from Power Service Products. Power Service is the manufacturer of the most technologically advanced diesel fuel additives available in the market. No one knows more about the effective treatment of diesel fuel for optimum performance than Power Service. Our sole focus is on diesel fuel and our additives are specifically formulated for treating diesel fuel.
Power Service is proud to have partnered with this group of fuel marketers to provide customers with the peace of mind that comes with knowing the fuel you are using is of the highest quality and will keep your equipment running strong.
The standards are high to attain this certification and it is another way for these fuel marketers to demonstrate to their customers that they are providing the highest quality of fuel. This is no ordinary diesel fuel, this is Technology Transformed Fuel.
A Certified Power Service Xtreme Diesel Distributor is required to do the following:
Treat fuel on a year-around basis with diesel additives from Power Service.
No matter what the time of year, you can rest assured that Xtreme Diesel will keep you and your equipment running at peak performance. This is Technology Transformed Fuel.
Read more about the performance provided by Xtreme Diesel by clicking on the More Prevention, More Technology and More Confidence tabs.
Perform semi-annual fuel tank maintenance.
Twice a year, Power Service Xtreme Diesel distributors must pull fuel samples from their bulk storage facility to test for the presence of microbial contamination. This puts them on the front end of problems, enabling them to address these issues before they become their customers' problems.
Submit fuel samples for comprehensive testing by the
Power Service Technical Services Laboratory.
This is another way for us to ensure that our fuel is of the highest quality and a chance to proactively address any potential issues. The Power Service Technical Services Laboratory contains state-of-the-art testing equipment. A partial listing of the tests that are available to analyze our fuel samples are:
- ASTM D6371 - 05 Standard Test Method for Cold-Filter Plugging Point (CFPP) of Diesel and Heating Fuels
- ASTM D7397 - 10 Standard Test Method for Cloud Point of Petroleum Products (Miniaturized Optical Method)
- ASTM D7346 - 07 Standard Test Method for No Flow Point of Petroleum Products
- ASTM D6079 - 04e1 Standard Test Method for Evaluating Lubricity of Diesel Fuels by the High Frequency Reciprocating Rig (HFRR)
- ASTM D7545 - 09 Standard Test Method for Oxidation Stability of Middle Distillate Fuels — Rapid Small Scale Oxidation Test (RSSOT)
- ASTM D7462 - 11 Standard Test Method for Oxidation Stability of Biodiesel (B100) and Blends of Biodiesel with Middle Distillate Petroleum Fuel (Accelerated Method)
- ASTM D6468 - 08 Standard Test Method for High Temperature Stability of Middle Distillate Fuels
- ASTM D7039 - 07 Standard Test Method for Sulfur in Gasoline and Diesel Fuel by Monochromatic Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry
- ASTM D6304 - 07 Standard Test Method for Determination of Water in Petroleum Products, Lubricating Oils and Additives by Coulometric Karl Fischer Titration
- ASTM D1298 - 99 (2005) Standard Test Method for Density, Relative Density (Specific Gravity) or API Gravity of Crude Petroleum and Liquid Petroleum Products by Hydrometer Method
- ASTM D4737 - 10 Standard Test Method for Calculated Cetane Index by Four Variable Equation
Participate in recertification training twice per year.
Knowledge is power, and no one knows more about treating diesel fuels than Power Service. The twice-a-year recertification training program ensures that we are on top of all issues related to diesel fuel. A Power Service representative comes on-site to make sure that we are doing everything we can to provide the highest quality of fuel to our customers.